Chicana Latina Foundation Scholarship
April 7, 2019
Each year, the Chicana Latina Foundation awards scholarships to Latina college students, valued at $1,500 each. For the first time, we will have our application on-line beginning February 1, 2019 and closing on April 7, 2019.
Application outlines and guidelines can be found here.
The purpose of the Chicana Latina Foundation (CLF) Scholarship and Leadership Program is to assist Chicana/x and Latina/x college students in completing their undergraduate and graduate education.
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible for the CLF Scholarship:
- Self-identify as a Chicana and/or Latina
- Be enrolled in an accredited college, university, or community college in one of the following California counties: Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Monterey, Napa, Sacramento, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, Solano, San Francisco, Sonoma, or Yolo
- Have lived at least two (2) years in one of the above Northern California counties at the time of application
- Community College and Undergraduate students must:
- Be enrolled in a full-time college student (as defined by your institution) when applying and for the following academic year,
- Have completed 12 college units after high school graduation, and
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 college coursework
- Graduate students must:
- Be enrolled graduate/professional students completing course/thesis/dissertation; or have been accepted into graduate/profession school; and
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 for college course work
- Commit to attending the CLF Leadership Institute (July 2019 and February 1, 2020)
- Commit to volunteering 10 hours for CLF before March the year after being selected
- Past CLF awardees may not re-apply until four years after receiving our scholarship.